Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Homemade Pizza - the best for anyday

I made Pizza yesterday night. I do a good job with it, if I might so say myself. I made vegetarian pizza, non-vegetarian pizza, veg extravaganza and non-veg extravaganza. That is four pizzas in all. S and I finished it all in one sitting.

All one needs to do is keep the entire ingredients ready, pre-heat the oven and begin with creating the best pizza I have had outside of The Pizzeria. I made different kinds of pizza. For the non-vegetarian bit, I used some Black Forest ham. I buy the pizza bases. That is much easier and I have never really found them to be lacking in taste or doubted their ability to become a tad crispy. The crispiness, by the way, I believe is essential for churning out a good pizza. I also use ready-made pizza sauce by Fun Foods. The one you see in the picture below. I have tried other brands and I have tried making the sauce at home myself. I have found this one the best yet and why tinker with that.


I made two veg pizzas of different toppings and two non-veg pizzas with almost the same toppings.

Mushroom, capsicum and onions. Not the favourite of the night.


Olives, Jalapenos and Sun-dried Tomatos. Definitely the better vegetarian pizza.


The winner of the night was clearly the non-vegetarian pizza with the very succulent ham topping. Ham, onions and chillies.


For the other non-vegetarian pizza, I just added mushrooms to the above.

Once the pizzas are ready with the toppings, just grate some cheese onto the top and stick it into a pre-heated oven. Be very sure that you are using mozzarella cheese. I have used the regular variety and it just does not cut the deal. It becomes hard and not very pizza worthy.


Pre-heat the oven on roast mode for 10 mins at about 250 deg. C. Post this, set it at 180 deg. C and 10 minutes. Put the pizza in. 10 minutes later, the most amazing cheesilicious pizza is done.


1 comment: